Latest posts by Sam Lightstone (see all)
- Nine ways hybrid cloud delivers real IT and business benefit - April 13, 2016
- IBM dashDB is here!Keeping data warehouse infrastructure out of your way - November 10, 2014
- Please join me at IBM Insight 2014 for more on #IBMBLU and #BLUEMIX - October 24, 2014
I’m on my way to Las Vegas for the 2014 IBM Insight conference. More than 10,000 attendees, all working to help solve the world’s problems in data management, data analytics, and big data insight. A data geek’s dream. Please join me for my four technical sessions on data warehousing and analytics, where I’ll explore recent technology advances, and how IBM is bringing game changing performance and simplicity to bear.
Here’s where you’ll find me:
Session: IWS-6295A IBM DB2 with BLU Acceleration: New Super-Fast and Easy-to-Use Engine for Analytics
- Location: Mandalay Bay South Convention Center – South Seas B
- Time: Mon, 27/Oct, (10:15a – 11:15a PDT)
This session is be a technology deep-dive on BLU Acceleration, our industry leading, faster than RAM data warehouse tcehnology that’s all the rage. I explain how the technology works, and the technology trends that inspired us to move towards memory optimized parallel vector processing.
Session: IDB-6333A What’s New in IBM DB2 BLU Acceleration: Tips and Insights into the Latest 2014 Enhancements
- Location: Mandalay Bay South Convention Center – South Seas D
- Time: Tues 28/Oct, (10-11a PDT)
In this session I’ll cover the extensions we’ve made in BLU Acceleration for 2014 around
- Query Performance on Intel and Power systems
- Faster ELT
- Reporting on OLTP databases
- Richer and Faster BLU for SAP BW
- Oracle Compatibility and DECFLOAT
- Smarter Compression
- High Availability
- Cloud computing
Session: IDB-6283A Ask the IBM DB2 Technical Leadership Team
- Location: Mandalay Bay South Convention Center – South Seas C
- Time: Tues 28/Oct (11:15a-12:15p PDT)
In this panel sessions of DB2 experts, come and ask anything yo want about our current product, trends and directions, or just personal queries. No question too is too crazy!
Session: IWM-6328A Architect Panel: Distinguished Engineers on Analytics
- Location: Mandalay Bay South Convention Center – South Seas F
- Time: Wed 29/Oct (10-11a PDT)
New for this year’s conference, we are gathering several IBM Distinguished Engineers on this panel to discuss various aspects of data warehousing and analytics. The panel will be composed of leading innovators and technologists from Watson Analytics, SPSS, Netezza, DB2, and IBM Information Management.
Every year the IBM information management conference in Las Vegas is thrill. Looking forward to spending time with friends, colleageus, customers, business partners and researchers.